"He was a thin grey man who flickered in and out of focus like an old film."
- William Burroughs,
P. 84, The Soft Machine

It has been four years since I've lived one place for more than 9 months. I have lived in Chicago, Taibei, Tokyo, Beijing, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Currently I am residing in Prague, working as a reporter for Czech Business Weekly. I have gotten a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in film, and the subject is something of an obsession for me. I am interested in a certain type of history which I think is most keenly reflected in film. Lived history, the history of people, not ideas. All film is really about things that were alive and breathing, with a beating heart and a quirky smile. Close watchers of films can see life manifest itself everywhere.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have comments or requests.

No comments: